Why Miss Independent Is Ok

Monday, March 28, 2016

"One can either be a boss ass bitch or someone else's bitch" -Heidi Johnson

Yes, this quote is from me. Yes, I just quoted myself. Deal with it.

I recall coming up with this statement my senior year of high school while talking about relationships with some of my friends, this was my point of view. Not saying I'm anti-relationships, I just think if you're going to invest so much time and energy into someone, it should be worth it.

I choose to live with the mentality that I am in school and I am here for myself, and it is important to focus on myself and my needs. Not only that, but I want to feel free to aspire any goals of mine without feeling guilty of neglecting a potential lover because I am focused on myself.

The point in which I am at in life right now is the time in which I need to be selfish. Although I am HARDCORE struggling, my time now is devoted to focusing on school, health, and my friendships.

Pic of me doing my thang ;) 




I like to look at it this way, if I want to be with someone is making the extra effort to better themselves in their everyday lives, I should be doing the same damn thing. I can't expect no Romeo to sweep me off my lazy ass feet buried under my blanket Netflix watching ass when I damn well know my booty ass should be at the gym. To this day, I am not ready for a relationship, but I will someday be there.

If you are in the same position I am, take a deep breath because GIRL, it will be A-OK. Our time may not be today, but that's probably a good thing for our ratchet asses. Focus on what's important and everything will soon fall into place.

Song Inspiration: Buyou- Keri Hilson ft. J. Cole

Quote Inpiration: "I stand for girls wanting to be sexy and dance. But also having a strong sense of themselves. If you got a big ol' butt? Shake it! Who cares? That doesn't mean you shouldn't be graduating from college." -Nicki Minaj

XOXO, Not Heidi Ho


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images